Applying for a Place
If you are interested in joining Cambridge Academy for Science and Technology in Year 9 or 10 to study GCSEs or in Year 12 to join the Sixth Form you should apply to the college directly.
Students from anywhere in the region can apply. Places are not limited to those living in Cambridgeshire, the main catchment area is considered to be the area within a 25 mile straight line radius of Cambridge Academy for Science and Technology.
Year 9 and 10 Applications
Students wishing to join the college in year 9 or 10, should complete an Application Form forwarding it directly to our admissions team by post:
Cambridge Academic Partnership
Coleridge Community College
Cambridge CB1 3RJ
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone enquiries: 01223 271569
Timeline of Events for Year 9 and 10 Admissions / Applications
- Admission to the college is a staged process
- Application forms can be found below or a copy can be emailed to you if you contact the admissions team via email@example.com as well as hard copy forms being available from the college reception
- Applicants and / or visitors to the Open Event are invited to a taster day at Cambridge Academy for Science and Technology
- Applicants take part in scientific and technological activities and have an individual advice and guidance meeting with a member of staff
- Applications will be processed, according to our oversubscription criteria, and places will be offered
- Students applying after this date will be offered places according to availability
- Applicants will be invited to an Induction Day which takes place towards the end of the summer term
- Start of term – September
Year 12 Applications
For year 12 entry to study A levels and BTEC Courses applications should be made via ‘My Choice at 16’.
Timeline of Events for Year 12 Admissions / Applications
|June/July||Attend CAST open evening, research courses and how these will influence your future university/career choices.|
|September – October||Meet CAST representatives at your schools post 16 information evening, have any remaining questions answered.|
|November||CAST taster days, your chance to try Challenge in our state of the art facilities.|
|September – December||Complete and submit application via ‘My Choice at 16’. Your school will help you with this.|
|February||CAST guidance meetings for all first and second choice applicants (second choice applicants will be invited to a guidance meeting depending on the availability of suitable courses). Offers sent out.|
|June||Induction day for new CAST students.|
|August||Exam results and enrolment.|
|September||Start at CAST.|
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01223 271569.
A Level & GCSE Results Day
GCSE results day is Thursday 22nd August from 9:30am – 11:30pm. Exam results will be available for collection from the Plaza. Click here for more information.
Enrolment for Sixth Form – current CAST students should enrol on GCSE results day. All other students should enrol on Friday 23rd August between 10am and 3pm.