Financial Support

Pre-16 Transport Support

We are pleased to be able to introduce new travel subsidies with effect from September 2018. These are available to families who require support with the cost of transport. They will be in bands based on the distance from home to the school and the amount available per child has been calculated by taking into account the available budget and anticipated number of eligible students in each band. To apply for a subsidy please complete this form: Pre-16-Travel-Subsidy-Application, forwarding your completed application to the college.

Please note: you must re-apply for the travel subsidies each new academic year.

The subsidies for 2020/21 have been set as follows, but may be subject to change as the year progresses.

Distance from school (Miles)

% of subsidy allocated

Maximum subsidy per student per year




4 – 10



10 – 15



15 – 20






Post 16

You may be eligible for a discretionary bursary.

You can find further guidance and our application form here.

Please note: you must re-apply for the bursary each new academic year.

Free School Meals

We would actively encourage you to inquire to our Student Services Officer about possible financial support if you think you may qualify for free school meals and / or travel support.

Information with regard to Free School meals and how to apply can also be found on our Catering page.

Did you know that just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the college gets extra money? 

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their best. The funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered for this, the college gets an additional £935 per year to support their progress.

If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also apply for assistance with the cost of

  • Music Tuition
  • School Trips
  • School Trips Abroad
  • Books / equipment

How does it work?

  • First check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
  • Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify contact Student Services who will help you register or alternatively log on to the Cambridgeshire County Website, details further down the page.
  • If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (save around £400 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £935 extra.
  • If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered the school still gets £935 extra.

Do you qualify?

You can register for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have
    an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Universal Credit

Students can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.

Applying for Free School Meals Online – either at home or come to Student Services and we will help you apply online using a college computer.

Applying for free school meals online is quick and easy, and no proof of entitlement is needed. On receipt of the online application, Cambridgeshire County Council will check for entitlement through a secure Electronic Checking System. All that is needed is the claimant’s National Insurance number, their child’s details and details of their child’s school.

Pupil Premium support is also available to

  • Students of parents who are in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
  • Students who are a Looked-after child (LAC) as defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by an English local authority.
  • Students who have ceased to be looked after by an English local authority because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order.

Caring for Students - SEND

Ofsted and Exam Results

Download Prospectus


Share by

Powered by Google Translate